What is sattvic diet?
Sattvic foods are soothing, nourishing foods which keep up a steady, calm mind and help in sharpening the intellect and give you a greater sense of empathy. Sattvic diet is veggie and does exclude nourishment got from animals that have been hurt in any way. It is essential that nourishment’s are developed regularly and don’t contain additives, artificial flavors, etc…
Steps to make your Diet more Sattvic
- Get processed foods out of your diet – food that helps in digestion, and over time impairs the Digestive system ability to process foods which are hard for digestion like – Artificial Sugar, Spicy Foods, Fried Foods, etc..
- Eat Natural whenever possible – A Natural food contains a lot of the microbes and enzymes that our body wants for correct digestion and immune
- Convert your meals three times a day – 30% Breakfast, 50% Lunch, and 20% Dinner.
- Have your meal 4 hrs before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water in a day, have a small cup with your meal, if necessary.
- Daily Yoga practices improve the digestive systems of your body to work correctly.
- Design your meal as per Yogic Diet.
- Some natural spices that aid for digestion including Cumin, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger and Cardamom.
Sattvic Diet generally consists of:-
- Fresh, organic fruit and vegetables
- Whole grains and nuts
- Dairy products such as milk and ghee
- Beans and lentils
- Plant-based oils
- Mildly sweet foods (natural, unrefined sugars), honey, molasses
- Spices such as cinnamon, basil, coriander, ginger and turmeric.